Wednesday, April 2, 2014

This has been a little bit of a slow week...


Dear Family,

This has been a little bit of a slow week and I don't have too much to report on. Sorry it won't be quite as newsy.
Man I am pretty exhausted... one thing comes up after another. But I am keeping my head above water. I went on an exchange with Elder Bennett this week and it was so much fun. He is the new Zone Leader in Lafayette and he is a really good missionary. I look up to him a lot. The day we started the exchange every single plan that we had just fell through haha. It was really weird, even the people who are regular and expect us to come where gone as well. But despite that, we still had a really successful day because we were able to become better friends. We went to Pizza Hut and we just ended up talking for awhile and I was able to talk to him about everything. He helped me understand the situation a little better and I realized some things that I could work on as well. It was really good, and I just appreciated him listening so much. That night we went to see our neighbor R. and we ended up sitting down with him and teaching the Restoration and we invited him to be baptized. Guess what he said? YES!!! He said that he wants to think about it more before setting a date. He wants to make sure that he will be committed and that he will follow through with it. That is a really good sign because Heavenly Father will definitely answer his prayers. That was a really cool experience.
The next day we did some service for the Freebairn's and that is always fun. We talked with them and had a cool discussion on the Work of Salvation. We are lucky to have them in our Branch. We ended the night by going to A. and D's and they are such a cool family. Elder Bennett really liked them and I think it is because they feel like family. It is hard to explain, they really remind me a lot of you guys, I think you would be really good friends with them. I can't wait for yall to meet them.
Come to think of it we have done a lot of service this week. We did some for the Longoria's and then we even did more for the Freebairns. It was fun this last saturday. We just spent the afternoon helping make their backyard good while singing songs and laughing. Elder Allred really does have a good singing voice and he treated us with the Queens Bohemian Rhapsody. Good times :)
Then last night we went to the Nations and had this huge BBQ. There was so much food and we had fasted yesterday so we ate a lot of food... But it was worth it. In the end I think it was a really good week. We are making it through. I might buy myself something fun this week just for a little pat on the back haha. Here I will end with a little blurb:

Today I asked the question before my study on what I can do to keep moving forward even when you feel drained physically, mentally and spiritually. I happened to be in Ether 12 and I got a lot of good insights. Moroni felt much the same way when he just felt weak in his writing, but the Lord told him "my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness." Essentially he told him not to worry because he recognizes his weakness that he will be made strong. The meek seek to improve day by day. They are humble and they allow Christ to strengthen them. Because we have weakness, because we have those times where we feel too tired to move on, because we have those gaps they can be filled in by the grace of God and we can become better than ourselves. If we didn't have those weakness there would be no room for Christ's Grace to improve us in a Heavenly way. 

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that afaith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness.


The way we move forward in those times is say a prayer, act in faith and rely on the grace of God to make us better. 

I really love yall so much. My patriarchal blessing talks about how I have been blessed with a wonderful family and that is so true. Yall are the best.
Prayers and thoughts always
Love,

Elder Brevin Soper

No comments:

Post a Comment