Saturday, December 29, 2012

"I think I have become an official missionary..."


12-20-12

Dear Family,
            I think I have become an official missionary.  I did my laundry and didn’t ruin my clothes and I sewed a little hole in the pocket of my pants.  And I did it, probably not very good (at all)…but I did it!  Sorry my email didn’t work out, we only have 30 minutes and it goes by so fast.  But I will write a note for each person:

Emma:
            Thanks for the note!  It has been really fun so far.  I’ve tried not to eat too much, haha.  There is so much food, so I could, but I don’t want to get chubby.  And yeah, you can write me a lot and I will write you back.  I hope Christmas was fun!  I missed being with you guys.  I’ve made a lot of friends so far.  I love you!

Taylor:
            Sup.  Yeah, write me whenever you want.  Hope things are going good.  It was cool hearing about your soccer game.  You have a good break and write me soon!  Love you bro.

Jordan:
            Thanks homeboy.  I’ve really learned so much so far, and it has been really helpful.  I sang in the choir and I didn’t look at the big screen.  Tell Olive [their dog] hi!  Thanks for the help.


Olive chasing a Great Dane up Rock Canyon (about a half mile from the MTC) on the day Devin wrote this letter...
Haley:
            Thank you so much for the letter.  I needed it.  You have been such a good example to me and have helped me so much for my mission.  I know you said you do your own thing with the Gospel.  But you do the RIGHT thing.  You live the Gospel in all that you do.  You are so humble and loving and share the Gospel by example.  I want to be like you when I share the Gospel.  I will write more later!  Love you Heck Shrub [Devin’s nickname for Haley].

Mom and Dad:
            First of all, thanks so much for your letters.  That is so cool about Kevin’s (Urquhart) call.  I’ll need to write him soon.  I have loved hearing that you guys are trying to live like a missionary in your schedule.  It just makes me so happy cause I imagine you doing it with me.  Thanks so much for those quotes.  [Funny things the Haley, Devin, and Taylor said when little.]  It makes me so happy to read those and think of how much I love you guys.  We do keep really busy.  But it is good and I learn a ton.  My testimony has grown since I have been here.  Especially for the love Christ has for all of us.  And I have seen Elder Poulous and Elder Egbert (I still have trouble remembering to call them that.)  And it is like a long lost reunion everytime we see each other.  My hand shake and hug skills are being pushed to their limits and the awkwardness is low.  Your talk was awesome Dad!  You really are an amazing bishop and you serve with complete Christlike charity.   And mom, I loved working with you too while getting ready.  I miss you guys, but I have recognized how blessed I am to have a family like you.  SO BLESSED!!!  I hope Christmas was fun and relaxing.  I love you and love hearing from you.  Talk to you later yo! 

Love,

Elder Soper

Still waiting on some photos from Devin, so for now, here's a picture of Elder Soper's sisters (Haley and Emma) and mom up Rock Canyon...

No comments:

Post a Comment