Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"I have only ever had my mom cut my hair..."

Dear Family,

Thanks for all of the letters! I don't know if I will be able to respond as well as I would like, because this week has been crazy and time is on the short side. But it is weird that it has already been three weeks, I have almost been on my mission for a month. But it really has felt like 2 days, but also I feel like I was never home. It is weeodd. But yeah I am all better from the sickness, it was only a 24 hour bug. I had a lot of time on my hands last week though haha. But yeah you are welcome to share anything that you think is appropriate haha.  But I will keep drawing them [the cartoons] for you, because it is totes fun yo.

Thanks for all of the advice! It really did help and came at a good time for me. I thought when we became zone leaders it was going to be different, but it has been hard. We have a lot more responsibilities and it takes up a lot of time. Although, I know, that this is what I need to be doing right now and I am learning a lot. I am learning how to minister with love and lead like Christ would. One crazy thing though is we had a new district come in and we had to help them out the first day before they got their district leader. One of the missionaries lives really close and he ran away and we couldn't find him and he came back 4 hours later. A few days later he was with his district and went into a full sprint and hasn't been seen since. We do know that he is home and okay though. I am just sad that he missed out on this great opportunity to serve the Lord. But I am glad that he is okay.

The Christmas party sounded super fun and the pictures really showed how it was. It's funny because those look exactly like the pictures me and the other missionaries took on our P-day of ourselves...weird.

Elder Soper is referring to these pictures we took at our extended family Christmas party; we know how to have a good time...  (Apologies to the Lawrence Welk Show)

But I loved getting those letters from everyone and I loved the donuts. I shared them with my zone and it was fun to kind of have a little party with everybody. I can't believe the amount of food we all have combined. And still I have not gained any weight. SUCCESS!! But I have been running and playing volleyball a lot. And we have had nerf dart gun wars on P-day. So we keep active.

I will have to catch up on a lot of things, Downton Abbey, music, and movies, when I get back haha. But really I am not too worried about that, but a little excited of how we can do that stuff as a family when I get back. Music has been a little hard though. But me and a few of the missionaries sing the Hobbit song and it brings back good memories.  But it has been pretty easy to give most of that stuff up. I really haven't noticed it.

I'll share a little about my week. I went to the temple today and that was awesome. Probably one of the last times I'll be able to go for the next two years. I realized that the one of the characters in the painting in the chapel looks just like Obi Wan.  But actually it was a really spiritual experience with the whole district. My flight leaves at 6 am on the 15th. So I will be calling you really early in the morning, sorry about that. maybe around 4 or 5? I got a hair cut and it is short, but looks pretty good. I thought if I told the lady that I was nervous because I have only ever had my mom cut my hair, she would laugh... but she just said "yeah I get that a lot" haha oh well. I had a cool experience in calss, when we did a role play with the teacher and I learned that the spirit really is the teacher, not us. The best way to teach is to let the investigator teach themselves and have the Holy Ghost teach and manifest the truth of that learning. A lot more has happened too, and hopefully I can write more and better when I get the field. Keep sending letter and telling me about what is going on in your lives. It is hard to respond to it all, but I love reading about it. I love you guys, and I will talk to you next week!

Love,

Elder Soper

No comments:

Post a Comment