Dear mi familia,
Getting hit in the face with a pie for charity
So I am going to be staying here at LSU for my final transfer, but sadly Elder White is leaving. I am really grateful that we got to serve together for as long as we did, but I think that this next transfer will be good for the both of us with what we need. I am not sure who I am getting yet, but I will let you know this next week. I am excited to stay here too, I know the area fairly well and so it will be a good situation to really make the most of this transfer. Yeah haha I think it is nearly impossible to really keep it out of your mind. I have thought of it like a race (knowledge from my cross country experience haha) But during a race you are definitely thinking of doing your absolute best the whole time and giving it your all, but it is at the end where you really push it to the end. Saying this, a runner doesn't have the mindset, "Man, I really wish the end wasn't so soon...I wish I could run more." Haha or maybe that is just me, but I used the finish as a motivation and a goal, but you do have to acknowledge it and appreciate it too. I have a feeling that this will probably be the fastest transfer of all and that is a little scary, but good at the same time. And about the bike, yeah we can probably get the office elders to help us figure that out. I am imagining too that I could probably send it home a few weeks early, we haven't really used our bikes that much here and things are close enough to walk. I am going to talk to the office about it soon and I will let you know what they say.
I loved seeing the halloween pictures!! Taylor looks like some people that I really have seen down here and Emma pulled off the hipster super hero like a true hipster. I like the retro old timey look you and dad had...I see Pa Pierre made a reappearance :) Dang I still can't believe the little belly that Haley has now, but I did really like their Christmas combo costumes.
Holy cow I can't believe what happened to Alex! That whole thing seemed so scary and strange. Not to add to the fear, but I have heard some scary stories from missionaries down in south America of things that have happened. But I do also want to say that I know that there were Angels there protecting Alex and his companion. The Lord takes very good care of his missionaries and even though unfortunate things happen like that, I know there is still divine protection involved. I will be praying for him.
Last transfer I still felt like I still had a lot of time left, but once it hit November, it also hit me. It is a bitter-sweet thing, but like you said it is mostly sweet. Even though it is sad that you we will all kind of leave this season of our life, I just know all the wonderful experiences I have had and the relationships that have been created. Really it will just keep getting better and better! This last week has been a little tough in terms of lessons and the amount of work that we have had. We had a good number of appointments set up here, but they all ended up falling through at the last minute. That is always a little disheartening, but it is part of being a missionary. My mind has gone a little blank haha so I think today I am going to just send a little list of things I am grateful for:
· The opportunity to be a missionary
· My family
· All of my companions and what they have taught me
· The friends that I have made on my mission
· The families I have met on my mission and the close relationships that we have created
· Two great mission presidents that have helped me understand my purpose
· Knowing what my weaknesses are and the ability to be aware of them
· The talents that Heavenly Father has given me and the motivation to try to improve them
· Good Health and the means to keep that up
· The scriptures
· The second chances that we get every single day.
· The many opportunities that we have to serve and help others
· Being able to recognize the little tender mercies
· Being able to witness miracles
· Music and the spirit that it brings into my life
· The social skills that the Lord has helped me develop on my mission
· The strength that we get through the Atonement
· The success that I have been able to have on my mission in so many different ways
· Everything falling into place and perfect timing coming on my mission and coming home
· Being able to keep in contact with my friends and family though out my mission easily
· The love that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost have for us
· The peace and happiness that comes from living the Gospel
There are more haha, but I probably should get going soon. I am super excited that Elder King and I have a place to stay and I hope everything works out with the classes. Thank you so much for everything and I love you guys so much!! Have an awesome week.
Prayers and Thoughts always,
Elder Debuns Soper