Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Well we have had a pretty good week...

Dear Family,

I bet the title of my email threw you off a little bit...you might be thinking it is about me coming home soon, but it is actually referencing that LSU had there homecoming this week. "Broo!! Gotcha." :)

I told you guys the wrong thing and it is next week that we have transfers. But I guess one good thing is this email will come a day before it was expected haha I am interested to see what happens this next transfer too. I am not really sure what I would prefer, but I am happy to be where ever I am needed. I wouldn't be too surprised if I stayed here though and train somebody new here. I am excited to see! 

That is weird to think that fall is coming to a close. It is strange to me that the leaves turned orange and are actually falling off there. Here we still have weather up into the 70's and 80's and it is green as could be. Were you able to get some good reference photos for paintings this fall? I guess you guys have been able to make it to Spring City a couple times and I bet that is fun to get away for a little while and take some cool fall pictures. 

Well we have had a pretty good week. It has been slow in terms of teaching lessons, but we have still had the opportunity to talk to quite a few people with Free Speech Alley and getting involved with some of the activities on campus for Homecoming (I guess mostly we just wanted some of the free food haha). Free Speech alley was pretty successful and we are finding that we are seeing a lot of the same faces that we see each week. That can work to our advantage or our disadvantage depending on if they might want to talk to us, or have made the decision that they really don't want to talk to us. I am not sure if that made sense or not. Haha but I guess I am just saying that things are going pretty well and we are starting to create some new friendships. We made new posters too and hopefully they are a little more inviting and happy.

We had another lesson with S. this week and it was awesome. We took the time to just catch up with each other and all get in the same page. He has read past 2 Nephi now and he said that all of his intellectual concerns are gone now. He said that he has a broken heart right now and he is vulnerable to the spirit. He said it is a little stressful being at this point of change and confusion, but he is happy that he is making progress. He told us the only thing that he has to get past now is just making sure that he isn't being deceived. That gave Elder White and I an opportunity to bear our testimonies of the Restoration. It was a really good visit and we talked a lot about how Mormonism just makes sense. That is so true. 

The last part of the week we took it easy because Elder White sprained his ankle. He is doing really good now though. We had Zone Conference and got to watch Meet the Mormons. I don't know if you guys have been able to see it yet, but they did a really good job with it. I loved the start of it because they did a really good job of being informative, but poking fun at us as well with clips from different movies and tv shows (a cilp from southpark, one from the simpsons etc.) That day we went to the doctor for Elder White's ankle and then afterwards President and Sister Hansen took us out to dinner at a Greek restaurant. The food was awesome, but we really enjoyed being able to spend so much time with them. It was a lot of fun. 

Hey I know that I don't have much longer left, but I was wondering if you guys would want me to send more personalized emails to each of you along with the more informative one for the blog? 

I love you guys!!!


Elder Devin Soper

No comments:

Post a Comment