Wednesday, October 15, 2014

This week has been awesome...

Dear Family,

It is hard to believe to that registration for BYU comes up soon, but it is kind of exciting to think about that as well! I joke about being trunky, but in reality I going to really miss being able to do this. I have found a lot of happiness in dedicating my life to the Lord and I hope that I can continue to do that in some type back home. My mission has definitely impacted my life in a positive way that I will never forget. It will always be a part of me. 



This week has been awesome in terms of being able to share the gospel. We have finally been able to set up Free Speech Alley and that has been a miracle finding tool. We get to set up a table in the middle of campus and we can freely proselyte from 10 to 2. We get to do that on Tuesdays and Wednesdays every week. We pass out candy and just try to talk to people. It really requires you to get out of your shell and it is uncomfortable at first, but it becomes really fun. YOu can just go up to people and ask them, "Hey man, have you ever heard about the Restoration?" They will look at you funny and then say  "No I haven't." Then you just go into teaching them a little bit about it. Or it can go like this, you ask them the same question and then they say....Nothing haha A lot of people ignore you, but it is kinda funny to laugh about later. Elder Barbeau and I were able to teach a girl about the entire plan of salvation and we now have a lesson set up with her on Tuesday. They are definitely people prepared and it is just awesome to be able to share these precious truths with people. It makes you feel really good to share your testimony. We probably had over 20 people sign up to be contacted from those two days and we consider that a great success! 

While we were doing Free Speech Alley, S. walked by and so we were able to catch up with him a little bit too. He has been continuing to read the Book of Mormon and he is through 2 nephi. We kinda got the vibe that he had just been studying on his own just to understand for himself. But he later told us with a smile on his face, "Elders, I am pretty convinced." Elder White and I were so excited when he said that, the spirit was there and all I wanted to do was do a little jig. We have a lesson set up with him tomorrow and we are really looking forward to seeing him again.

I definitely know that the Atonement is real and that it really was the greatest act of kindness and charity that was ever performed. I been able to feel its power or recognize its power on my mission than any other time in my life. That has been tender mercy in my life. I know that I am not perfect and I have a lot of weaknesses that I need to work on. But I am happy that I know and understand those weaknesses because now I can work with my Savior and Heavenly Father on those so I can become better. They love so much and that is something that I know for sure. 

I love you guys so much too and I am getting excited to see you guys again. I love you!

Prayers and thoughts always,

Lub,


Elder Devin Soper

No comments:

Post a Comment