Wednesday, October 1, 2014

This next transfer is going to be full of blessings, miracles and memories...

Dear Family,

Elder White and I get to stay one more together! We worried for a little while that we might be getting split up, but we were relieved and excited to hear that we get to stay. It is nice to know that you are going to have a companion and a friend that you can get a long with and can get a lot of work done.   So we have a feeling that this next transfer is going to be full of blessings, miracles and memories. A lot to look forward to I think. 

I have really mixed feelings writing this email right now, I am not sure why haha. I think I am realizing how little time I have left and I can really feel and sense my mission winding down. It is bitter sweet mostly because it is sad thinking that this wont last, but also good looking back and seeing all the friends we have made, the experiences that we have had and how we have all come closer to our Father in Heaven. 

I will share one cool story that happened this week. We had a lesson yesterday with a potential investigator, H (investigator now) and he brought his friend, S. They are both from the Middle East and they grew in up Muslim but they now that want to simply follow God and find out what is best for them be it Islam or Christianity. They are both very intelligent and aren't afraid to ask good questions. As we were teaching about the where we came from S spoke up and said, "That makes sense that we are all Brothers and Sisters. Also I believe that after this life we will probably wait somewhere for a little and then God will judge us. That just sounds like something God would do." We kinda sat their shocked for a little bit and he asked us what was up and we just told him that he was spot on. It is just a testimony that people are prepared to hear this Gospel. They really are sincerely seeking for the truth and it is cool to see how it clicks with them as they learn it. A little update on D, we haven't been able to get in contact with him since we had that last lesson with him. That has been kind of sad, but we are hoping that he is still having a positive experience with the Book of Mormon. We aren't sure what is going on, but we are keeping him in our prayers. We are finally getting Free Speech Alley set up and so that should be an opportunity to meet a lot of new people as well. 

I love you guys so much and I hope that you guys have a great general conference as well! I can't wait to talk about some of the talks with yall. Have an awesome week.

Prayers and Thoughts always,

Elder Devin Soper


Elder White and I at Cajun Village

No comments:

Post a Comment