Monday, October 6, 2014

One of the most fun and memorable conference weekends for me...

Dear Family,

Well I don't have too much to report on this week. I know what you mean about the weeks starting to fly by. It has gotten to the point where I just don't know where the days are going. But we have had some success making friends with some of the ward members and even people that we met on campus. That has been especially cool making those relationships with students and ward members.  I haven't had to give any talks and so that has been nice haha. 


We were able to watch most of conference at the Mission Home with President and Sister Hansen. It was probably one of the most fun and memorable conference weekends for me because we were in such a comfortable setting with a lot of the people that really feel like family now. It was so fun, we all made cookies in between sessions and just had fun discussing conference and memories from our mission. It was Elder White, Elder Bracken, Elder Rothchild, Elder Bennett, Elder Barbeau, Elder Wittig and Elder Benson with Pres and Sister Hansen. I really enjoyed it. Oh yeah we got two new Elders here at LSU this transfer with us, Elder Bennett is training Elder Barbeau. He is from Montreal and although English is his second language he speaks really well. They are awesome to have around the apartment. 

I think my favorite talks were by President Uchtdorf as usual, Elder Klebingat and Elder Scott . I liked to how conversational Elder Klebingat was about plain truths of the gospel that can make such a difference in your life if you live by them. Those are 6 points that I want to apply especially now and when I get home. We are responsible for our own spiritual and physical well being. Haha it was funny as soon as he started talking about eating healthy and taking care of our bodies I was eating a big piece of white chocolate covered popcorn... the irony was unbearable. Elder Scott was cool as well because he just explained simple doctrines like prayer and scripture study and just reemphasized them. I need that continually reemphasized in my mind. Man I also like Brother Callisters talk about the power of parenthood and it just made me think how well you guys did with us. Elder Bednar's talk would be good to show the entire world as well... Conference was good this time around. Yeah that is cool how they may all have encountered the gospel in different ways and have had different experiences but their testimonies are all powerful and true. 

I gotta get going to let some other missionaries email. But I love you guys so much. God is great, life is good and people are crazy. ( That is a quote from a song that Elder White likes. haha) but life really is good. I love you!

Prayers and thoughts always,


Elder Soper

No comments:

Post a Comment