Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Things have definitely picked up compared to a couple of weeks ago...

Dear Family,

Yeah I think things have definitely picked up compared to a couple of weeks ago. It is nice to see a progression in the area; no matter how small it is it feels like a success. I think it will continue to get better, although this week was tough because it was mid terms. So that means that there were a lot of stressed out students using all of their time cramming for tests haha. Yeah we are definitely lucky here on campus because they have a solid institute program established and so we are able to go to institute each Tuesday. We also have FHE with the ward every Monday and so we are able to have some fun and positive interactions with the members. This transfer is a little different, it is only 5 weeks long and we are on week 4 right now. And so my final transfer is coming up really soon. It is weird to think that it is starting to wrap up so quickly... It will be interesting to see what happens and how I will spend my final months out here in Louisiana. 

Elder White and I make a point to take a little Sunday nap every week during our break to just  unwind from the week. It feels so good to be able to relax for just a little while in the midst of being out working, talking and sharing our testimonies. Got to find a good balance. 

I think the coolest thing from the week is the realization of how many people we have created friendships and personal relationships with out here. Just walking around campus we are always seeing people that we know and are able to catch up with them a little bit. There are definitely some that have a lot of potential of being able to turn into sharing our beliefs. We met a girl on campus too whose family lives in Lafayette and we used to play dodge ball with her little brother on P-days (they are all investigators) That was cool to make that connection. We have also been meeting with another investigator, J. and we had a good lesson with her this last week. We went in planning on teaching the Restoration, but based on all the questions she asked we ended up teaching what I like to call a shot gun lesson. I am pretty sure we touched on every single lesson and commandment that we teach. It was awesome to see how interested she was. We were a little disappointed this last week because we weren't able meet with S., but we are hoping it is going to work out tomorrow. 

I just wanted to bear my testimony on the Atonement. It is real and although I don't know exactly how it works, I know that can fill you with peace and improves your character. The more rely on it the more we can understand who we and others are, because we begin to understand more fully who our Savior is. I know that it can work on the big things, but it is just as powerful and relevant on the little mistakes that we make in our life. It is only through Christ's sacrifice that we can repent and go from "bad" to good and good to better. I have always struggle a little bit with understanding who I am, but I realized that maybe I should just work on being more like the Savior, because that would be a perfect person to emulate. So maybe I don't know exactly who I am, but I know who I want to be like. I feel like that is a good first step! I love you guys so much and I hope that you have a great week and everything goes well. Love you!

Prayers and thoughts always, 

Love,

Elder Soper

No comments:

Post a Comment